Divergence Consent to Examination and Treatment
I hereby consent to a physical therapy examination and subsequent treatment as recommended by the examining physical therapist at Divergence Physical Therapy and Wellness
I understand the examination includes providing a medical, social and physical activity history and reporting of my symptoms and complaints. I agree to allow the physical therapist to perform all physical tests and measures required to identify my physical therapy diagnosis, problems and prognosis. I understand that some tests and measures may require the physical therapist to perform a visual inspection of exposed body areas or palpate body parts that are sensitive or painful. I also understand that there are some risks in participating in a physical examination, including but not limited to developing soreness, increased pain, new pain in different areas, an aggravation of existing symptoms or a new injury. I understand that if I am uncomfortable at any time during the examination, I can let the therapist know and may refuse to continue the examination at my choice. If I refuse to participate in any part of the examination, understand that the physical therapist may not be able to provide an accurate physical therapy diagnosis/prognosis or develop the most appropriate treatment plan.
I acknowledge that my physical therapist (hereinafter “PT”) has informed me of my diagnosis, prognosis and the potential risks and benefits of all recommended interventions in my proposed plan of care and I have been given an opportunity to have all my questions answered. I hereby agree to participate in and consent to receive the physical therapy interventions recommended by my PT as outlined in my treatment plan. I understand that the response to different physical therapy interventions varies from person to person and sometimes treatment interventions may result in increased pain, an aggravation of existing symptoms or a new injury. Therefore, I agree to inform my PT of any change in my symptoms and function so my treatment plan can be adjusted accordingly. I understand that I may decline any intervention at any time by informing my PT of my desires/concerns and that my refusal may result in a termination of my treatment if my PT determines that there are no other treatment alternatives or the refused intervention is essential to meeting my goals. I also understand that although we have set rehabilitation goals, my PT has made no guarantees that any particular outcomes will result from the therapy interventions.
HIPAA Authorization for Records Release
Authorization for Use or Disclosure of Protected Health Information (Required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, 45 C.F.R. Parts 160 and 164)
1. Authorization. I authorize the above listed health care provider / business entity to use and disclose the protected health information described below to Divergence Physical Therapy and Wellness.
2. Effective Period. This authorization for release of information covers all past, present, and future periods of health care.
3. Extent of Authorization. I authorize the release of my complete health record with the exception of the following information: mental health records, communicable diseases (including HIV and AIDS), alcohol/drug abuse treatment.
4. Use. This medical information may be used by the person I authorize to receive this information for medical treatment or consultation, billing or claims payment, or other purposes as I may direct.
5. Termination. This authorization shall be in force and effect until I am discharged from Physical Therapy services, at which time this authorization form expires.
6. Revocation Rights. I understand that I have the right to revoke this authorization, in writing, at any time. I understand that a revocation is not effective to the extent that any person or entity has already acted in reliance on my authorization or if my authorization was obtained as a condition of obtaining insurance coverage and the insurer has a legal right to contest a claim.
7. Benefits. I understand that my treatment, payment, enrollment, or eligibility for benefits will not be conditioned on whether I sign this authorization.
8. Disclosure. I understand that information used or disclosed pursuant to this authorization may be disclosed by the recipient and may no longer be protected by federal or state law.
Divergence HIPAA Authorization and Release Form
Releasing Health Care Provider / Business Entity
Health Care Provider Name: Mike DeMille, Connor Sheridan, Garrett Labberton
Business / Practice Name: Divergence Physical Therapy and Wellness
Address 330B Washington Street, Wellesley MA 02481